Equipping students with organization and time management skills in middle school is essential to preparing them for the rigors of high school when the demands of challenging courses, sports commitments, and community service requirements ramp up dramatically. We give your student the skills to navigate this challenging time with more focus and less stress.
Academic Success and Extracurricular Counseling Services
- Organization & time management skills improvement
- Work/study habits improvement
- Determining and implementing community service projects
- Vocabulary expansion
- Identifying appropriate contests, scholarships, extracurricular, and summer activities
- Navigating ways to obtain help in academic subjects
- Academic tutoring*
- Writing instruction across the curriculum including brainstorming, prewriting, editing and writing narrative and expository pieces
Secondary School Admission Services
- Prepare list of secondary schools
- Schedule visits and interviews
- Review standardized test options and strategies
- Practice admission interviews
- Assist in the application process including essays
- Contact secondary schools to advocate for the student
- Review acceptances and possible financial aid in order to determine the best fit for the student
* We partner with excellent outside resources who provide this service.
“We are extremely impressed by Ellen’s exceptional coaching and counseling sessions with our children. She prepared them extensively for their high school interviews. Her counsel gave them a clearer picture of what to expect. It was an awesome experience for our children. We will not hesitate to recommend Ellen for her professionalism and competence.”
— Uche, Nigeria
"Ellen has been providing interview prep for two of our 8th grade Hartford students to prepare them for interviews at many top private high schools. Since working with our students, we have noticed a significant positive change - they are more outgoing, better conversationalists, and have improved self-esteem and confidence. We have received such positive feedback from Admissions teams who have been extremely impressed with our students' interview skills. Ellen really connects with each student. She not only provides students with practice responding effectively to both typical and challenging interview questions, but also teaches them important lessons such as how to behave while visiting schools, time management, how to deal with stress, and relaxation techniques to calm nerves."
— Emily, Academic Director, Capitol Squash, Hartford, CT
Organization and Study Skills
"My youngest daughter has consistently applied the organizational skills Ellen taught her into effective time managed blocks of preparation, study, and reflective work towards her advancing goals. Her personalized care and consideration to the individual's needs are spot on. Thank you, Ellen, for all you do!"
- Laura, Farmington, CT